Deadline is April 18, 2008
22 Feb 2008
The Bureau of Autism Services/DPW has announced the availability of $500 Mini-Grants to support individuals with ASD and their families that include an individual with ASD. Note the following important points about these grants:
- Priority will be given to individuals/families who did not receive the similar grant in 2007
- Although the deadline is April 18, 2008, grants considered acceptable will be awared on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Applications must be mailed, and must be postmarked on or before April 18, 2008
- Activities or Services funded by the grant must occur between March 1, 2008 and August 31, 2008.
- Grant funds may be used for respite or child care, summer camp program, conferences or training, recreational or community programs, and home adaptations that are for safety purposes. (See specific details on the application.)
- Grant funds may NOT be used for any type of theapy, computer equipment, augmentive communication devices, educational materials, transportation or meal costs, items for home or community that are not for safety purposes, or sensory equipment. (See specific details in the application).
Click here for the complete application.
Click here for Q and A.